- Editorial Policies
What do we publish?
What do we publish?
- Research articles – full-length original academic writing that provides analysis, interpretation, and argument based on in-depth independent research.
- Review articles – summary or metanalyses of the existing literature on a topic in an attempt to explain the current state of understanding on the topic.
- Forest business notes – current findings, white papers, reports, business research and thought leadership articles that are worth communicating with the professional forest business community.
- Forest conference reports - provide the overview of selected conferences the JFBR Editorial Team visited during a particular period of time.
- Book reviews – provide a thorough description, critical analysis, and/or evaluation of a book's quality, meaning, and significance related to the forestry and forest business field.
- Opinion pieces (letters, editorials) - provide a forum for disseminating scientific information and/or viewpoints into a current issue, or to advocate for a specific policy goal. JFBR is particularly interested in opinions, commentaries, research trends or science critiques related to the pace, direction, and barriers to the implementation of responsible forest investments and sustainable management, ESG in forestry, new forest technology trends, wood markets and thought-leadership pieces about the contribution of the forest sector for the mitigation of climate and biodiversity crises.
- Special issues – a collection of articles dedicated to chosen topic, e.g., published in relation to academic meetings such as workshops, seminars, conferences, symposiums, etc. JFBR is also interested in arranging Special Issues that cover in detail a particular subject (e.g., the forest sector in a selected region). If you are interested to submit a proposal on Special Issue at JFBR, please contact: email@example.com
All the above paper categories (except opinion pieces and forest conference reports) published at JFBR go through a double-blind peer-review process.